Biography... Be Inspired!
Teacher Resources for Writing Biographies With Your Students
Process and project ideas:
- Kathleen Krull's fabulous Teacher Resources and Ideas for Using Biographies in the Classroom. See especially 10 Tips for Students in Writing Biographies
- Scholastic News on How to Write a Biography
- Terrific Scholastic Teacher Blog Post by Alycia Zimmerman on writing biographies with her third graders - Get Inspired With Biography Research!
- Direct link to Alycia's Determining Importance Graphic Organizer here
- Scholastic Teacher article Introduction to Digital Publishing - for making class or individual books
- Steps in Writing a Biography - to cut and paste as poster or bulletin board for early elementary students, as Word doc or pdf
- Kathleen Krull's fabulous Teacher Resources and Ideas for Using Biographies in the Classroom (I listed this above as well - don't miss it!)
- Candace Fleming's Teacher Guide page
- Barbara Kerley's tips for Writing an Extraordinary Biography